CS Athletic takes tremendous pride in using the best fabrics in the industry. It is important for us to advise you of the tendencies of certain fabrics, as well as practices to avoid.
Fragile Fabrics need extra special care:
- Certain high fashion fabrics are more susceptible to wear and fading than other traditional long wearing, durable fabrics. Hologram and Nylon/Spandex with Foil (Mystique/Metallic) fabrics will dull slightly in jeweled areas due to heat application.
- Repeated wear and washing may cause the fabrics to fade or lose foil.
- Alcohol in all aerosol products, such as hairspray, affect these fabrics. Please cover garment before applying. Perfumes and body lotions can also affect fragile fabrics.
- Deodorants and perspiration may cause these fabrics to color bleed, fade or lose foil, especially when the two colors meet under the arms. We recommend the use of pure crystal deodorant, which does not contain Aluminum Chlorohydrate.
- Mesh could potentially be damaged due to the rigors of certain routines, where person to person contact can add stress to the fabric. You are free to order this fabric, but do so with great discretion because CS Athletic cannot guarantee the lifespan of this fabric.
- Color transference or color bleed occurs when a white or light color fabric is combined with a bright or dark color fabric. This is a common industry problem and can become obvious under certain conditions, especially when a light color garment is worn under a dark color warm-up or short and/or when damp garments are left in gym bags. It is impossible for CS Athletic to guarantee that our fabrics will not bleed, even by following proper washing instructions, due to the individual nature of each athlete’s wear/washing procedure.
- The following is a list of fabrics that may be at greater risk for color bleed, when combined with white or light color fabrics (example: Dark Colored Mystique Fabrics such as Berry, Navy, and Red) You are free to order any fabric and color combination, but please do so with great discretion. If you choose to combine light and dark colors, CS Athletic will not be responsible for replacing your garments if color bleed occurs.
- Fabric softeners negatively affect the adhesives used in our garments, causing the foil on our fabrics to discolor and the embellishments to fall off.
- Fabrics, especially dye sublimated fabrics, can have pilling issues if they are rubbed against abrasive surfaces such as sidewalks, velcro, rhinestones, or glitter fabrics (such as the kind on glitter backpacks). This is avoidable if proper care is taken when there is possibility of the garments coming in contact with such surfaces.
Important Washing Instructions for all fabrics:
Garments must be washed separately. Turn garments inside out. Use a mild liquid detergent, gently hand wash in a large volume of cold water. Rinse immediately.
DO NOT allow garments to soak. Pat dry with a clean towel and use a thick plastic hanger to air dry.
DO NOT use fabric softeners. Fabric softeners negatively affect the adhesives used in our garments, causing the foil on our fabrics to discolor and the embellishments to fall off.
DO NOT dry clean. Dry cleaning uses harsh chemicals that can damage the fabric and embellishments used in our garments.
DO NOT iron. The heat from an iron can melt and/or discolor the delicate fabrics in our garments. Excessive heat can also weaken the adhesives used to attach the embellishments to the garment and cause them to fall off.
CS Athletic will not guarantee any garment that is not washed and dried as directed. If you choose to combine sensitive fabrics and colors, it is at your own risk. CS may refuse returns on special orders in those combinations.